Job ID #:
The Research Technologist 1 Conducts tests and procedures; sets up and operates equipment; records observations and measurements and collects and compiles data in a research lab; requires a practical understanding of a limited number of standard scientific techniques.
Please note: Must be able to lift equipment (max. 200 lb).
- Follows pre-defined protocols, policies, procedure, regulations, conducts standard and repetitive experiments and completes basic trouble-shooting techniques.
- Sets-up, operates and maintains standard lab equipment.
- Using an entry level of skill, completes the following activities:
- Molecular Biology
- DNA, RNA, Protein isolation, purification and expression Southern, Northern, Western blotting
- PCR, RT-PCR
- Spectrometry, Gel Imaging, Affinity Chromatography.
- Records test results and may maintain databases.
- Completes standard and routine clerical duties such as copying, filing, data entry, word processing, etc.
- Maintains inventory of reagents and lab supplies.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent and some basic science courses is required.
- BA in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or Physics.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques, buffer preparation, concentration measurements.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of graphic analysis and curve fitting procedures.
- Experience in computer maintenance.
- Experience working in a chemistry, biochemistry or molecular biology laboratory.
- Tutoring or teaching experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following techniques: HPLC, SEC/GPC, Fluorescence, Binding Titrations, Calorimetry, Light Scattering, CD.